Simple Mantel Shelf Assembly and Installation Instructions
Below are our mantel shelf installation instructions.
- Remove the nailer board from inside the back of the shelf.
- On the wall where you are attaching the shelf, locate the studs behind the sheetrock.
- Screw or nail the nailer board to the studs, making sure the board is level. If applying the mantel shelf to brick, masonry nails or liquid nail can be used.
- Slide the shelf over the board and at a 45 degree angle, drill pilot holes through the shelf into the nailer board….two holes should be enough.
- Using a finishing nail, attach shelf to the nailer board.
- If you do not wish to use nails, liquid nail can be used as well.
- For additional hold, use wood glue between nailer board and wall and between nailer board and shelf.
If you are installing a mantel shelf you purchased from Agee Woodworks and you have questions, please call 804-798-3678.