1) I want a new fireplace mantel for my room but have no idea what size I need or where to begin.
Measuring for a fireplace mantel is a relatively simple process. Our ‘How to Measure’ guide provides complete instructions. The instructions are easy-to-follow. However, if you have any questions, give us a call at 877.768.3678 and we will walk you through the process over the phone.
2) I have a picture of a fireplace mantel, which I saw in a magazine. Can you create a custom fireplace mantel like it?
Yes! We have created many fireplace mantels from photographs. Send us the photo in our Custom Order Form and we will provide you with a quote for the fireplace mantel.
3) I just received my fireplace mantel but am not sure how to install it. Can you help?
Yes! We have written instructions for installing a fireplace mantel in the installation section below. If you need further assistance, call us at 877.768.3678.
4) I just received my mantel shelf but am not sure how to install it. Can you help?
Yes! We have written instructions for installing a mantel shelf in the installation section below. If you need further assistance, call us at 877.768.3678.
5) Is fireplace mantel spelled “tle” or “tel”?
While it appears that fireplace mantel is the preferred spelling in most dictionaries, fireplace mantle is also acceptable! We use them both.
6) I talked to Mr. Agee on the phone the other day and he sounds really cute. Is he as cute in person as he sounds?
Oh, yes he is! See for yourself. Thank you for mentioning this. We pride ourselves on friendly, personalized service.
7) What is your return policy?
View Returns page.
One of the obvious drawbacks from ordering online is that the product cannot be viewed in person. We have never had any returns due to the fact that they simply did not like the item—and we sell a lot of fireplace mantels nationwide.
If you feel you must return your fireplace mantel, then you would be responsible for the shipping cost, and it must be received in re-sellable condition. We reserve the right to charge a re-stocking fee.
Absolutely, no returns on custom orders. It is very important that you take correct measurements.
Please contact us with any questions about this policy at 877.768.3678.
Do you ship to my country?
During checkout, we’ll ask for your shipping address details including country. If your country is not in the dropdown menu of available countries, unfortunately we cannot ship to your country at this time.
What are my payment choices?
During the checkout process you may choose any of our current payment options included with PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account to purchase an order). Please note that we will not ship your order until we receive payment from you.
When will my order ship and what are my shipping charges?
Shipping is automatically calculated prior to submitting your payment information. Simply add items to your cart and proceed to the Checkout page where you will be offered Shipping Method choices and their prices. We will ship your order shortly after we receive payment from you.
What is the return policy?
Please see our Terms & Conditions for complete details regarding our return policy.
Low Price Guarantee
It is our commitment to provide you with the best value, at the best price. We value your business and strive to keep our prices low, and SAVE you money!
This website is protected with SSL (secure socket layer) encryption, the highest standard in Internet security.
Pricing and Billing
Do I have to pay sales tax?
You only have to pay sales tax if you are located in the same state as our warehouse.
I have a question on my charges.
Upon payment, you will receive a receipt in your e-mail to keep with your financial records. If the prices reflected on your receipt do not reflect the charges made to your credit card or banking institution, please contact us immediately. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact customer service for further assistance.
I need a copy of my receipt/invoice.
You will receive an e-mail with a copy of your receipt/invoice with your online purchase. If you did not receive one or need assistance, please call us at 877.768.3678.
When will my credit appear on my account?
Credits usually take 7-10 business days from the time we receive your item(s).
When will my credit card be charged?
Your credit card will be charged within 24 hours prior to shipment of your item(s).
How do I buy/redeem a gift certificate?
To purchase a gift certificate for someone, click here. If you are the recipient of a gift certificate, enter the coupon code received with your gift certificate on the “View Cart” page before your checkout.
How do I navigate the site?
To navigate this website, simply click on a category you might be interested in. Categories are located on the top, left & bottom of our website. QUICK TIP: Place your mouse cursor over anything you think could be a clickable link. You’ll notice that anytime you scroll over something that is a link, your mouse cursor will become a “hand”. Whereas scrolling over anything that is NOT a link will leave your cursor as an “arrow”.
How do I use a coupon?
After adding items to your cart, click the “View Cart” link at the top of this site to view your cart. At the bottom of the shopping cart you’ll see a box where you may enter your coupon code.
Simple Assembly and Installation Instructions Agee Woodworks Mantels
- Remove the scribes from the back of the header. (These will be attached to the inside opening of the mantel after it is installed.)
- Attach legs to header of fireplace mantel with screws provided. Legs should fit perfectly into header where ‘biscuit’ cuts are.
- Place fireplace mantel against the wall where you want to install. With the mantel held against the wall, draw a line across the top of the mantel, marking the height.
- Find the location of the studs below the shelf line and mark the location of the studs on the line.
- Place fireplace mantel back against the wall and with a drill, drill a hole through the shelf at a 45 degree angle through the sheetrock and stud.*
- Drive a finishing nail into each stud (should hold the mantel firmly to the wall). If not proceed to next step.
- Repeat the same process as above on each leg using studs at the base of the wall and floor line.
- If you do not wish to use nails, liquid nail can be used as well.
- Once your fireplace mantel is installed, place three scribes (attached to the back of the header) along inside opening of mantel and secure with liquid nail, finishing nails or wood glue.
*If applying the fireplace mantel to brick, masonry nails or liquid nail can be used.
If you have any other questions, please call 877.768.3678.